This week’s recipe is one I read about in Diana Henry’s “The Gastropub Cookbook, Another Helping.” It was a featured recipe from The Gurnard’s Head in Cornwall. I replaced the Gorgonzola with a local award winning Stilton, and instead of serving this as a plate of food, I served it as a Canapé at this weeks Supper Club. There’s not a huge amount of cooking involved, but it taste’s stunning.
Step 1
To make the Thyme infused honey, gently heat the honey along with a couple of Thyme branches for about 10 minutes, being careful not to boil it. Make sure you don’t make the mistake I did and try tasting it while its still hot...I had a wonderful pair of burns on my lips from where the spoon touched and a very tingly tongue (what a fool I hear you cry, and I’ll be honest, I have to agree with you!!)
Step 2
Preheat the oven to 200oC, Gas Mark 6
Step 3
Cut the Peaches in half, and remove their stones. Place tightly in a baking tray and place a knob of butter on top of each. Scatter some Thyme Branches on top and drizzle with honey.
Step 4
Roast until the flesh starts to collapse; about 15 minutes.
Step 5
Allow to cool and serve all elements at room temperature. I decided to serve it in classic “cheddar and pineapple” style on a cocktail stick for a bit of fun, with a little of the Thyme honey drizzled on top.
Monday, 18 January 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment